WELCOME!!

Blogger Boss needs to decide what this is going to say about how crazy her life is & how she loves coffee & walks with her hubby.


Monday, May 2, 2011

April Sun brings May Snow???

Hm.  Interesting.  I'm used to April being the month with rain one moment sun the next and then wind and hail, but this April has been gorgeous, sunny and warm.  The snow melted, flowers bloomed and the trees got green, all in a matter of a few weeks.  Well.  Now it's May!  And we woke up to snow in the air!  It doesn't seem to stick to the ground, fine w. me!!, but still...  Ah well.  It's just weather, and I assume this is just the winter's last "Hurrah!" before summer comes...  ;) Right??

Last Saturday I spent working at our house alongside Big Guy!  Fun!!  Our oldest girls helped out watching the younger ones for the day, and we got in about 6½ hrs of work.  I did mostly cleaning, but I also helped with some actual construction stuff as well as carrying a bunch of bricks inside for our fireplace.  At the end of our workday we stopped by at McDonald's for a quick dinner on our way home.  I felt like "one of the guys" in my dusty clothes and scratched up hands!  (any guy who's reading this is probably rolling their eys, but I did enjoy myself, and it was a great time to just hang out w. my Hubby!!)

At home things had gone well.  Our 2nd oldest had organized a picnic lunch outside, and our oldest girl had been her buys self.  She had ironed "the pile", hung up laundry, reorganized the whole livingroom, reorganized and cleaned our bedroom as well as taking care of and putting our Little Guy to sleep...
Wow!  Pretty amazing I think!  We sure appreaciate their helpfulness.  I guess they want the house to get done as much as we do.... 
Today my cousin is starting to build the fireplace, the mudder and sander guy is in full swing, Big Guy is finishing up some drywall stuff downstairs... and yeah, it's getting done!!

And Oh!!  Our 2nd oldest, who'll find any animal anywhere (she's spotted lizards on our property already) cought a glimps of a Viper on the neighbours lot!!  Yikes....  I guess I'm gonna see if there are some plants we could grow that keep those suckers away!!  :(  Anyway... Off to another Monday, have a good one folks!  Yes, I'll see if I can get some more pictures on here soon....

2 comments:

lou lou said...

sounds good! it is always a nice feeling to be a part of the building of your house - I loved it!! Was the viper black and shiny and loud?? lol

MeWoman said...

He, he, I was thinking the same thing about the viper. But this one did not have a Dodge badge on it... unfortunately! I'd way rather found one of those in our backyard!!