WELCOME!!

Blogger Boss needs to decide what this is going to say about how crazy her life is & how she loves coffee & walks with her hubby.


Tuesday, May 3, 2011

They got him!!!

So.  They got him.  Osama.  When I heard this, my 1st thought was, "Oh, that is a psycological closure I guess."  I'm not ignorant or cold, I just don't get all upbeat about somebody getting killed.  Instead I wonder about how the victims of his horrid actions feel about this.  I don't think it's the firefighter's widow, or the kids to the Twin Tower worker, or the parents of the kids in the planes that are out there celebrating.  I'm sure none of them got their loved one back.  When we start to rejoice in anyone getting killed, I think we have reached an extra dark corner of ourselves.  The guy they got is against Christian believes, and we are trying to defend our countries so that we can continue to believe freely....  Well.  Shouldn't we start by acting our part then?  Turn the other cheek and to pray for those who hate us never came easy... but think about how good it is for ourselves if we are able to do just so.  And even if you don't believe in this, what about taking the high road?  Obviously Osama had to be punished, just like any criminal walking this planet, but that's not my point.  It's how WE react to the information that will make the biggest difference. 
We are still here, we can make a difference... What difference do we want to make??

I shall repost what my sister-in-law posted on her blog, words by a wise man who spread love in his actions and words
‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr

No comments: