WELCOME!!

Blogger Boss needs to decide what this is going to say about how crazy her life is & how she loves coffee & walks with her hubby.


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And the years went by....

Yesterday was my Birthday... I turned "Twentysixteen" according to my cousin, and my little nephew guessed my age to 27! His mom figured he said that because that's also HER age... But I doubt it...
Righ??  Kids always know the truth!  I did have a great day, and shared it with my gang at home.  Big Guy and I cooked up some tasty dinner, and for dessert we all chomped down lots of cake!!!! Yum.  We are all big fans of marzipane cake, (that's what we had for our wedding too btw) so that one went fast...

 Getting older is not as cool as it used to.  I wonder why!!  Our 5th girl is turning 5 next week! Or "A WHOLE HAND!!" like I say it.  She can't WAIT!  She keeps asking how many more "sleeps" to her birthday, and lots of plans and shopping are under way... She wants to grow up and tries to be like her older sisters.  I tell her, and her sisters, to enjoy being a kid!  Most of your life will be spent being a grownup, so why rush it?  Paying bills and doing laundry is overrated... For some reason I always remember turning 4 the best.  My oldest sister had made me a pillow in sewing class in the shape of a teddybears head, with a pocket on the back of it for secrets... That pillow was the best!!  I aslo got a stuffed Snoopy animal and a fancy mirror with a swirly silver frame... Funny how these things have stuck in my mind all these years!!

Looking forward i sometimes dream of days when our kids will be coming over with our grandkids, and all I have to do is serve them, smile, and wave bye....  All the FUN stuff.  But maybe I then will be looking back with a tear in my eye, wondering what ever happend to all those years.  Wishing I would have seized those precious years and been a better "everything"... So I might as well live in the "Now" and try to create as good memories as possible, so that I one day will look back with a smile on my face, knowing that "I tried my best!"

2 comments:

Lara Harris said...

So sweet :) xx LARA

Sofia's Corner said...

LOL! I remember that pillow!!!! :D Cool!