WELCOME!!

Blogger Boss needs to decide what this is going to say about how crazy her life is & how she loves coffee & walks with her hubby.


Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm trying to be patient.... (AAAAAARGH!!)

This does not come naturally for me.  Being patient.  When I have something exciting on the burner, I want it done and ready to enjoy.  It's been a longish time since I 1st sat down and drew the 1st rough ideas for our house (like close to 2 years...).  In that time you might know that we had time to plan an overseas move, have our 7th child, sell a house, move overseas, and now we are coming up on our 1st Anniversary living in Finland!! (WOW!!)  It's been about 10 months since we started building the house (the foundation was done before, but the actual structure etc started August last year)

We had hoped to move in by Christmas (or so we thought when we still lived in Canada), but when we came here there was other work waiting for Big Guy, and finding an apartment, kids getting ready for school, finding Dr's, importing cars, taking care of various (endless!!) paperwork, while doing other odd jobs and working on starting up a new business, sort of slowed us down a fair amount.  Then hubbie's brother got cracking on his new house just before Christmas, and at the same time another house had a deadline to meet, so other calls to answer to.  Christmas came and went, and January allowed us some time on our house, along with some other jobs.  In February we wera waiting for 3 weeks for the temperature to raise so they could pour the concrete inside the house...  It finally got done, and then hubby got work out of town for a month or so.  In mid March he had some good chunks of time to spend on the house, and things started to take shape.  His brother decided to kick into high gear on his house as well, so they traded some labor back and forth which benefitted us all. 

Anyway.... We are now past the midpoint of June, and we are seeing an end in sight...  Our house should be in move-in condition (not DONE) but livable, in the next few weeks.  There are some things that are out of our control thou.  We need to have an electrical cable installed to the house, and this is up to the City to provide... and it's up to them to decide when to deliver it.  Our electrician has contacted them, (over a week ago) so they know we need it... but I guess they are the types that if you call and "remind" them, they'll delay your wait... argh.  So.  Normally the wait is a week or so, but it could take up to 3 weeks before they decide to show up.  (they are quite busy we have heard...)  Anyway.  It really isn't THAT big of a deal if it gets delayed a week or two.  Not in the big scheme of things.  And I realize that, and I really can't change it anyway.  BUT!!  I had SO hoped to be in our house before we have our church meeings next week (wednesday + thursday, June 29 + 30th), we have at least 6 overnight visitors coming, and I would WAAAAAAAAAAAY rather house them there than here.  But again.  In the big scheme of things... it doesn't matter.  I can wait.  I am patient.  I practice deep breathing and try to be a nice person....

Give me the wisdom to change what I can, to accept what I can not change, and the insight to see the difference... Or however that saying goes.  That's what has been running through my mind ...  I hope it works!!

PS: On a sidenote... This past week has been very productive on the house!  The upstairs is basically done, the downstairs needs laminate in the kitchen and livingroom (can't do that before the kitchen is installed) and in some other small areas, some ceiling work, and doors hung. Big Guy also have the stairs to finish to a safe point, and the glassrailing in the upstairs hallway should get done. Then it's up to Mr Kitchen installer Guy to get his stuff done, (he started Friday afternoon) along with the painters (they are almost done), Mr Plumber and Mr Electrician, to get things to move-in status (sounds like a lot, but they are pretty close to finito... so..... IF IF IF the City decides to send their important guys our way... There is HOPE for us to be in there in a week or so.................. and if not, I will patiently accept that :) :) :)

5 comments:

Sofia's Corner said...

"Have patience, have patience. Don't be in such a hurry. Remember, remember that God have patience too. Just think of, just think of all the other ti-iimes, when others, when others, have had to wait for you." A very annoying song that one of our dear cousins sang to me when I asked him to hurry up.... You'll be fine, sis! :)

MeWoman said...

Well... To be perfectly honest Sis, I am one of the most punctual peeps I know! So... If anybody is waiting for me, they should have their heads checked... he, he... As a mom of 7 thou, being on time is a lot more challenging!!! But then I just blame it on my hubby ;) btw "You'll be fine sis!" Me fine?? THAT we might have to wait for!

lou lou said...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference"

Hopefully you'll be in quite soon. Make sure to put updated pictures up when you can. Miss you guys xo

MeWoman said...

lol! tnx linds. I knew I could count on you to help me out w that saying! as I wrote it I was actually thinking about you, figuring that you'd know how it goes... I was too lazy to look it up... tnx again <3<3<3

Sofia's Corner said...

Sistah! Yup, you're always fine. And I know, we're pretty much alike there, except the 7 kiddos... (for me it's just a dog, but then - keep in mind that "the dog" is not just a dog, he IS Bullen!!) I HATE being late, and I HATE when others are too. But, yeah... Guess that working on my patience is what I need too. LOL.