WELCOME!!

Blogger Boss needs to decide what this is going to say about how crazy her life is & how she loves coffee & walks with her hubby.


Friday, June 10, 2011

Blah blah blah...

The weekend is sneaking up on us again.  A busy week is leaving a messy trail behind us.  It's been so warm and beautiful that I really really really don't feel like staying inside a stuffy apartment packing...

On the beach the other day I saw your typical mom looking all over for her son's hat, while she was holding it in her hand...  I laughed inside my head, as that could have been me 10 times over!  He, he...  She did eventually locate it.

Today our kitchen arrived, so next week we are hoping to get it installed.  The balcony is framed, and ready for deckboards and railing.  The garage and breezeway is FINALLY getting poured on Monday!  Yohoo!  The joys in life.  Today Big Guy is working on the stairs to the 2nd floor, he's building them himself.  We have ordered the cork flooring for the kitchen, glassrailing for the hallway upstairs, the ceramic tile is getting done, along w. plumbing and electrical and painting...  It's all coming together and it looks great! 
From starting with a piece of paper and a pencil, to seeing this house almost done, is very exciting!  Seeing it turning out the way I pictured it, is even more exciting!  I feel very lucky to be able to experience this!  (and a bit buys, stressed and impatient too...)  Our goal before moving in (in 2 weeks ??????), is to get the house safe enough to live in (has to pass an inspecion of course), so will still have some things to do after getting in there, but that's pretty normal when you build from scratch.

On Wednesday our "Miss Teen" left to Sweden to be gone for a month...  I'm questioning the smartness level of that move, as she's my right hand on a regular basis... But I'm so happy for her to trying her wings, and not having to be here during the moving stress... She'll be coming back to a brand new house, and her OWN room!  1st time since she was 2 years old when her little sister moved in w. her....

Well.  I can hear the 4000 stuffed animals calling my name, suggesting that I stuff them in a bag, so they can help keep this place a bit less cluttered...  1 box and 1 bag at the time...

Tu-de-lu for now!!
PS. Pictures??? Oh yeah... they are all on Big Guys phone, and since he's here only to sleep lately, I haven't gotten around to upload them yet.  He could do that himself???  In your dreams... he, he... I'm the one that knows how to deal w. all the fancy gadgets in this household!  (and even my "knowledge" is rather limited...) But, I'll try to get them out here soon.

No comments: